OMANI tronkon Electric Breast Pump – Review
With the end of my maternity leave looming, being contacted by OMANI tronkon to review their USB Charging Rechargeable Portable Single breast pump couldn’t have come at a better time. The pump currently retails at £39.99 which is a fraction of the cost of other pumps on the market.
Omani is a Chinese company that I was not familiar with but I wanted to continue breastfeeding whilst at work so it was definitely worth a try.
The fact that this pump is rechargeable via a USB is absolutely ideal for taking to work. I’ve found that the charge lasts a lot longer than I would have expected. My job requires me to travel about quite as bit so being able to charge it in my car is great.
Having only ever pumped a few times before I wasn’t really sure how much to expect from pumping. I was pleasantly surprised that I managed to pump more milk than I was able with a far more expensive pump previously.
The pump has a 6 speed setting. It took a bit of trial and error to find which setting works best for me. Although it’s not silent as it advertises, it is quiet. Quiet enough not to disturb a snoozy baby feeding on the other side.
What I like about the pump
- I love the fact that it’s portable, I don’t have to make sure there is a plug socket near by or spare batteries. The fact that it’s USB chargeable and shares the same charger as my Andriod phone is an absolute bonus.
- It’s small enough to transport about easily in my handbag.
- It comes apart it quite a few bits which makes it easy to clean.
- The shield makes it very comfortable
Things I’d improve
- The instructions haven’t been translated into English very well, the pump is pretty straightforward to use so i didn’t have much need for the instructions.
- The chargeable power pack screws onto the top of the connector, my wiggly baby has managed to knock it off with his foot whilst feeding on the other side.
- The bottle it comes with is quite small which is not a problem for me but if you’re a Mumma with loads of milk it would be a pain to have to tip the contents into another bottle to continue pumping.
All in all for the price this is a fantastic pump which I would definitely recommend to someone who is returning to work. It’s made returning to work a little less stressful knowing that I can leave enough milk for Reggie.
I received this Omani Tronkon breast pump for the purpose of this review, all thoughts and opinions are my own. This post also contains an Amazon affiliate.